How To Make An Appointment
You can make an appointment in the following ways:
- By visiting our Consulting Room
- By calling us on 0161 736 1166
- Online through Patient Services at www.patient-services.co.uk. In order to use Patient Services, you must be registered for our online services. You can register by completing our Register For Online Services form. This is also only for routine appointments only.
Important Update – Booking Appointments During The Pandemic
GP / Advanced Nurse Practitioner Appointments
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic all GP or advanced nurse practitioner appointment requests will be passed through the telephone triage system. Only patients who physically need to be seen in the practice and who do not have COVID-19 symptoms will be booked an appointment to attend the practice.
If you need to be seen and you have possible COVID-19 symptoms arrangements will be made and discussed with you on the phone.
To book an appointment you will need to call 0161 736 1166.
Unfortunately due to the pandemic we have had to temporarily suspend online booking so you will be unable to book an appointment via the patient online services website, the NHS app or the MyGP app.
Please note you are still able to use the online services to order your prescriptions.
Practice Nurse Appointments
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our nursing services and appointments are currently reduced.
The following investigations and procedures are still going ahead as normal:
- Blood tests – requested following consultation with a clinician
- B12 injections
- 8 week baby checks
- Child immunisations
- Cervical Screening (smears)
- Depo-injections (contraception)
- Pill checks
Routine monitoring and annual reviews of long-term conditions such as Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Heart problems etc. are being done in priority order. The practice will contact patients directly when it is time to book an appointment.